Home

2nd generation 3.5 EcoBoost problems

As we sort of mentioned above, the top two problems mostly affect the 1st gen 3.5 EcoBoost engine. Ford did a great job at updating some of the weaker points with the 2nd gen engine. Again, the 3.5 EcoBoost really is a solid, reliable engine overall. Two of the problems we list above might not even be fair to call problems Luckily, 2nd generation 3.5 L EcoBoost engines have more reliable timing chains and are less susceptible to failing if an oil change isn't done at the exact right time it should be, but that doesn't mean you should avoid any oil change for too long however. Intake Valve Problems with the 3.5 L EcoBoost Engin In this article, we will look at some common 3.5 EcoBoost problems. The 3.5 EcoBoost has been with us for over a decade now and can be selected as an option in almost all over Ford's range. In 2017, the second generation engine was launched, which helped to iron out many of the faults found in the first The 7 Most Common Ford 3.5 EcoBoost Engine Problems. As promised earlier, here is a detailed discussion of the common issues with Ford 3.5 EcoBoost. 1. Carbon Build-Up On The Intake Valve. This problem is associated with the 1st generation Ford 3.5 EcoBoost engine 2015 - 2020 Ford F150 - 2017 2nd Generation 3.5 Ecoboost issues - With 2018 around the corner Ford dealers are giving pretty good discounts right now on 2017 models. I wanted to check with those who own 2nd Generation 3.5 Ecoboost's if they've experienced any issues with the engine or 10 speed transmissions. 1st year..

The 3 Most Common Ford 3

1. There have been at least nine updates to change calibrations and operation software for the 2011 models with the 3.5 EcoBoost to address problems with the vacuum, ignition and shifting. If you get a customer in your shop complaining of a loss of power or stalling, check the PCM to make sure it has the latest calibration
  2. More on the octane difference, 5star dyno'd their '17 ecoboost 3.5. There seemed to be a difference in the octane power bands on the '16, but the '17 is negligible. The peak numbers on the '17 were a little less than I expected, but the power band looks good, and at the end of the day it's just a dyno
  3. d, turbo engines do add a bit of extra maintenance. Based on independent research, the Ford 3.5 twin-turbo V6s have good longevity and last up to 200,000 miles or beyond if owners precisely follow the maintenance schedule, use the recommended.

The second generation of 2.0 EcoBoost was introduced in 2015. One of the main problems with the 2.0 EcoBoost engine was the exhaust manifold cracking. There were also problems with a turbocharger control valve failing. This could cause the engine to lose power and your check engine light to go off Ford changed out the original EcoBoost engine in 2017, replacing it with a second-generation version which was installed in the F-150, the Expedition, and Navigator. The most notable changes in this new version of the engine involved new and improved turbochargers and multi-port fuel injection ports that worked in tandem with direct injection 3.5 EcoBoost Engine Reviews. The 3.5 EcoBoost Engine was launched in 2009 and Ford revised it into the newest version in 2017. The more powerful version of this engine was applied to the 2017 F-150, 2018 Navigator, and 2018 Expedition. The second generation of this EcoBoost Engine brought customers a few changes. The most noticeable is the. Ford clearly low-balled its power figures when it issued a sneak peek of the second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 back in May. The newly massaged engine, which will get its debut in the 2017 F-150, was thought to gain 30 pounds-feet of torque. Now, Ford claims the mill will gain 10 horsepower and 50 lb-ft, for a total of 375 hp and 470 lb-ft. On paper, the second generation Ford Ecoboost V6 presents an improvement over the 1st generation. This much is obvious, after all. Horsepower jumps up by 10 to 375, and torque improves 50 lb-ft to 470. Power and efficiency increases come courtesy of port fuel injection and more boost. The all new 10-speed transmission aids in efficiency as well

Ford 3.5 l Ecoboost Engine Problems ️ Everything You Need ..

F150 ecoboost. Looking to move back to a half ton truck. I have a company truck so I am looking to buy a used truck, as it will only be used to pull the boat and do some hunting on the weekends. Anyways, I have ran across several used f150s with the ecoboost with right around 90-115k miles on them for attractive prices From what you are telling, every 2nd gen Raptor, with a 2nd gen 3.5L ecoboost, before the April date you provided, has the original/faulty cam phaser design right? Theoretically, if the design has been accepted by Ford as faulty, and has been updated, then all vehicles with the old design should fail

A few of the most common problems with the Ford 2.7 EcoBoost twin turbo engine include: As mentioned with the 2nd gen 2.7L Nano engine, the carbon build-up issues only affect the 1st gen engines that don't have port injection. Oil pan leaks also primarily affect the earlier 2015-2017 1st gen engines I only know about the engine which I have and that is the 3.5 liter 2nd generation Ecoboost and what I know is it has problems with camphasers and chain stretch. Ive done a lot of internet research and these same problems cropped up in the 2017 F150 much sooner. Mine occurred at 94000 miles. Oil is pretty cheap and the truck is expensive The second-generation Mini (2007-2013) used a 118-hp 1.6-L DOHC four cylinder, co-produced by BMW and Peugeot Citroen, as the base engine while the Cooper S performance model used a turbocharged. All these features make the second generation 2.7L Ecoboost engine better than the first generation. Due to these changes, the second generation is more reliable, durable and causes lesser carbon emissions. Conclusion - Ford F-150 Ecoboost Turbo Problems. Ford Ecoboost turbo problems are minor. At low mileage, consumers have rare reports about

Is the second generation EcoBoost better? that is the topic of discussion for today! I use my 2019 2nd gen 2.7 l EcoBoost. And I use my 2018 2nd generation 3.. If you want to go further, intercoolers, intakes, exhaust systems and even turbo upgrades can push the 3.5L EcoBoost toward the 600hp mark. That's before you get to the top dog of the Ford's current truck engines: the second generation 3.5L EcoBoost that powers the Ford F-150 Limited, Ford F-150 Raptor and Lincoln Navigator SUV F150 Ecoboost Forum Since 2012 F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more It seems the 2nd Gen is even more refined and reliable. It has an additional port injection, which is more optimal for turbocharged engines. This is a crucial feature that prevents carbon buildup on valves and walls of intake ports. LONG LIVE THE 2.7! What Is Better The 2.7 Or 3.5 Ecoboost We've been running stories for quite some time on Ford's second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine-even when we didn't know it was the engineering followup to the original EcoBoost. That came while its development and testing in the IMSA series.But when it appeared in the new Ford GT, then it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize the much-improved 3.5-liter would show up in.

3.5 EcoBoost Problems ️ Is Ford's F-150 Engine Reliable

The F-150 has been running the 2nd gen ecoboost for years, it is vin code 4, not G. Ford in all their wisdom assigned two G codes, one for the 1st gen ecoboost and the other for Raptor. The Raptor is certainly based on the 2nd gen ecoboost. We would certainly know if we got a 450 HP Raptor engine. Of course we didn't The same second-generation 3.5L V6 is replacing the first-generation engine in the 2017 F-150 line-up. It will be standard on the F-150 Limited and remain an optional upgrade for other trim levels. Paired with the second-generation 3.5L EcoBoost V6 is the new 10R80 10-speed automatic transmission that was co-designed with GM

Ford 3.5 EcoBoost Engine Problems: Reliability, Specs & Revie

3.5L Ecoboost VCT Phasers. This is a common failure on the 2nd generation 3.5L Ecoboost on 2017 to 2021. Ford successully fixed the timing chain issue but now has VCT units wearing out prematurely. Symptoms of a bad VCT unit can manifest itself has a startup rattle in best case,a rattle when accelerating, or a constant rattle in worser cases Intercooler Condensation Problems in the 3.5 EcoBoost Engine. The second generation of the same engine was designed and developed in the year 2015. The main problem you have faced while using the 2.0 EcoBoost Engine was the exhaust manifold cracking. You will see many other problems with a turbocharger control valve failing

It was a beast tuned. I just picked up a 2018 F150 XLT, SCREW, 5.5 Bed, 4x4, 3.5 ecoboost, maxtrailer tow package, both trucks have the 3.55 rear end. The 2018 in sport mode drives like my tuned 2013. the 10spd transmission allows 22-23 mpg highway mileage while my 2013 strained to get 18-19 mpg on the highway Ford 3.5 Ecoboost engine problems Avoid these Ford 3.5 Ecoboost engine problems. If you own a Ford F-150, Ford Edge, Ford Explorer and other Ford vehicles with the 3.5 Ecoboost you must be aware of the potential Ford 3.5 Ecoboost engine problems. All of the problems shown below can be avoided by upping your oil change interval game EcoBoost Engine Problems. EcoBoost is a direct-injection gasoline engine that ranges from 1.0L to 3.5L variants. When introducing them in 2010, Ford promised these engines would be capable of producing power while achieving better fuel efficiency

2017 2nd Generation 3

1. Recent Lawsuits for 2nd Generation Edge Owners. Patricia Lund, v. Ford Motor Company. Case Filed March 2021. This lawsuit alleges defects in the EcoBoost engines causes coolant to leak into the cylinders in the 1.5L, 1.6L and 2.0L engines
  2. Ford changed out the original EcoBoost engine in 2017, replacing it with a second-generation version which was installed in the F-150 Raptor, the Expedition, and Navigator.. The turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 engine delivered performance numbers never before seen on the Raptor. The EcoBoost was able to deliver 450 horsepower and 510 pound-feet of torque
  3. sublime 0018. I have a 2012 ecoboost F150 that crapped out too. Looking to replace, dealer offered a reman block for me. M-6007-35T I called on this crate motor myself and the turbos are located in a different area than the 12'. This came from the ford performance tech. Dealer wants to charge over 13K to fix

Ford 3.5L EcoBoost Common Problems - UnderhoodServic

Ford recalls 30,000 new F-150 pickups for three issues. The carmaker also recalled an estimated 70,000 Transit vans for another, different problem. Ford loves issuing a batch of recalls all at. I'd estimate about 25,000+ 2nd gen Raptors have been sold since 2017. I'd estimate that of the 3 million F series that have been sold since 2017, two thirds+ of those are F-150s. For F-150s and ecoboost engines, they can get the 2.7L or 3.5L twin turbo engines. Both are going to generate a ton of heat etc so they can stand up to that stress I had a brand new 2015 3.5 Ecoboost. The engine blew up on me with 24,000 miles. Ford did a great job from a warranty standpoint, but numerous things happened with that truck. Two starters, brake issues, as well as some cosmetic warranty stuff. I have been a Ford owner for three decades, but I will never own another ecoboost

How's the 2nd gen 3

Ford 3.5 EcoBoost Engine Specs, Problems, Reliability, oil ..

The 2nd gen 3.5 is a better motor, considering the 2.3L is 1st gen right now, and has its issues. found that the headgaskets are unique to the car i.e. the Focus RS headgasket is allegedly different than the Mustang Ecoboost headgasket so the problems that plagued the Focus are supposedly a non-issue on the mustang variant. Jul 8, 2019 #20 2017+ 3.5 Gen 2 EB and 2018+ 2.7 Gen 2 EB engines have dual direct and port fuel-injection system with two injectors per cylinder—one mounted in the intake port where air enters the cylinder and one positioned inside the cylinder. The Gen 2 3.5 / 2.7 EB also have a dual-chain design, with separate chains driving each cylinder bank Afterward, the second generation came in from 2018 to date. On the other hand, the 3.5L had its first-generation engine between 2011 and 2016. Thereafter, the second generation came in from 2017 to 2020. 2.7L vs 3.5L EcoBoost F-150 Specs Comparison (First and Second Generations 2.7 EcoBoost 200000 Miles. Turns out the 2.7 EcoBoost is built solid as a rock with more and more owners coming out and boasting about reaching 200 000 miles on these little engines.Again the main reliability issues were minimal in the form of a few sensors. Again, regular maintenance and the scheduled services are important and changing the oil every 10 000 miles with a decent full synthetic. I have been looking around at F150s, and have found quite a few with the 3.5 ecoboost, as well as some with the 5.0. I know the 5.0 is solid, and my dad has a 2nd gen ecoboost in his 2015 f150, but I have little experience with the first gen eco boost f150s, so I am looking for input from you all

Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems ️ Everything You Need To Kno

Is Ford's EcoBoost Engine Actually Unreliable

This is what Ford engineers have attempted with their EcoBoost engines. They've managed to get 179 hp from their 1.5L 4-cylinder and 365 hp from a 3.5L V6. The EcoBoost is also available in other flavors—a 2.7L V6, a 2.3L, 2.0L and 1.6L 4-cylinder, and a 1.0L 3-cylinder. The EcoBoost is a gasoline turbocharged direct injection (GTDI) engine. You can still buy a Ford F-150 with a 5.0-liter V8, but the top-shelf engine option is the 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost. Yet I still hear stuff like- will that fancy-pants tech really last? Take. Currently my car is back at the dealership for turbo wastegate failure. The solution is turbo replacement. I post this thread so others can learn from my experience. Those with 3.5 liter Ecoboosts, 2nd generation like Ford F150, Ford Raptor, Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

The 2017 Ford F-150 with the 3.5 liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 was upgraded with the second-generation of the landmark engine that continues to be the top engine option for power and towing. An eng Full review of the 2017 Ford F-150 EcoBoost 3.5 and its second-generation twin-turbocharged V6 engine and 10-speed transmission with driving impressions The approaching year has some very neat features coming to the F-150. The 3.5L EcoBoost engine has been redesigned nearly from the ground up. This second generation 3.5L V6 EcoBoost will feature a brand-new hybrid fuel system composed of both port and direction injection. By utilizing both methods of fuel delivery, we get the best of both worlds The 2017 Ford F-150 will offer an all-new, second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine and 10-speed transmission. The new 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine will provide 30 lb-ft more peak torque compared with the first-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, up to a best-in-class 450 lb-ft (610 N·m) for a V6 And instead of the current engine V6 2.7 EcoBoost (325 hp) the second generation version appeared, which was converted to combined injection. In addition, Ford upgraded the atmospheric 5.0 V8 (385 hp), all modifications of the pickup were equipped with a start-stop system, and 3.5 EcoBoost, 2.7 EcoBoost and 5.0 V8 engines A couple months ago Ford Motor Company [NYSE:F] released information about the second generation of its EcoBoost 3.5-liter V-6, which debuts in the 2017 F-150. At the time, Ford said the twin.

Video: 3.5 EcoBoost V6 Best Reliability, Common Problems & Spec

Ford's Second-Generation 3

The 2012 F-150 in the video has the most miles at 171,000. It sports the same twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 as the others. It's also the oldest truck of the three That's because the Ford is not only installing the second-generation of the 3.5-liter EcoBoost in the 2017 F-150, but also pairing it with an all-new 10-speed automatic transmission. Today, Ford. New 2nd Generation 3.5L Ecoboost Engine Ford, America's truck leader, continues its relentless pace of innovation, delivering more torque and better acceleration to the 2017 F-150 with the all-new second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine My '04 F150 is in the shop, and the cost to fix it just doesn't make sense. I test drove a 2018 with the 2.7 liter twin turbo V6 today. I was VERY dubious that such a small engine could power a full-size truck. The specs are impressive though, with 325 hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque at only 2700 rpm. It comes with a 10 speed automatic transmission

Second Gen Ford Ecoboost: How Much Better Is It

1. At 17.8 miles per gallon, the F-150 EcoBoost 3.5-liter will cost $1,213 per year. At 19.4 miles per gallon, the F-150 EcoBoost 2.7-liter will cost $1,113 per year, a savings of - drum roll, please - $8 per month. Fuel won't always be cheap, of course. If our hypothetical Texas truck owner keeps his F-150 long enough, he'll pay $4.00/gallon
  2. The 10 speed transmission ruins any previous experience I had with the 3.5 ecoboost in the Transit with a 6 speed tranny. Ford calls this problem 6-3, 5-3 downshift squawk and it is very.
  3. The 2.7L EcoBoost F-150 has a payload rating of 2,250 pounds and a towing capacity of 8,500 pounds. The 3.5L EcoBoost F-150 has a payload rating of 3,180 pounds and a towing capacity of 13,200 pounds. To put that into perspective, the V8 5.0L F-150 has a payload capacity of 3,300 pounds and a towing capacity of 11,100 pounds
  4. An all-new second-gen 2.7-liter EcoBoost gets 25 lb-ft. more torque, at 400 lb-ft. Ford says it comes in lower in the engine range, too, mimicking a naturally-aspirated V8. It'll get the 10.
  5. Ford's new second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine will provide 50 lb.-ft. more peak torque compared with the first-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost, to a segment-best 470 lb.-ft., beating all.
  6. This new 3.5L EcoBoost V6 is impressive and it seemed like a no-brainer for the newly released next generation F150 to get this new EcoBoost, but when the specs for the 2015 F150 3.5L EcoBoost.

F150 ecoboost - General Discussion Forum In-Depth Outdoor

1. First, the EcoBoost 2.0 (aka the 'Mazda L'). This 122 cu.in. inline four-cylinder was the engine we mentioned above and was employed through the 2014 model year. At the same time, Ford also produced the EcoBoost 1.6 (aka 'Ford Sigma') a 97.4 cu.in. variant and the EcoBoost 3.5 (aka 'Cyclone') a 213.3 cu.in. V6
  2. 150 Ecoboost Engine Diagramsecond generation of 3.5 L EcoBoost engines were introduced by Ford in the year 2017. They're in the F-150, the Expedition, and the Lincoln Navigator. Ford 3.5 l Ecoboost Engine Problems ? Everything You Need Ford has released full details about the engines available for the 2021 F-150, which will be offere
  3. g to the 2017 Ford F-150 will produce up to 30 lb-ft more torque at peak, for a total of 450 lb-ft - a best-in-class rating for a V6. The engine, which will go on to power the production 2017 Ford GT supercar and Ford F-150 Raptor performance truck, features hollow camshafts.
  4. The new second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine will provide 50 lb.-ft. more peak torque compared with the first-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, to a segment-best 470 lb.-ft., beating all diesel- and gasoline-powered competitors, including V8 engines with nearly twice the displacement of the EcoBoost V6
  5. To get straight to the point the best Spark Plugs for an Ecoboost 3.5l as found in many Ford F-150 trucks etc., are the Motorcraft SP-534 plugs. When receiving the plugs whether you buy them at the dealership or the Amazon link above- make sure you at least check the gap on the plugs and re-gap them to 0.028″

The Ford Expedition is a full-size three-row SUV, manufactured by Ford.Introduced for the 1997 model year as the successor of the Ford Bronco, the Expedition was the first full-size Ford SUV sold with a four-door body.For its entire production life, the Ford Expedition has been derived from the corresponding generation of the Ford F-150 in production, sharing some body and mechanical components This generation presented the utilization of aluminum for the truck's body panels dramatically reducing weight and boosting fuel economy. This version of the F-150 is larger than the previous models and features the choice of a base V6, a 2.7-liter, or 3.5-liter Ecoboost turbocharged V6. 2021 - Present Ford F-150 (9th Generation

Cam Phaser/Engine Failure Reports Page 60 Ford Raptor

1. ous shuddering of the engine. When you are cruising down the road, the last thing that you want is to feel shaking and quaking co
  2. Ignition Issues: If you get a 3.5L EcoBoost in your shop with misfire code (s) P0300-0306, pull the plugs and coil boots and look for carbon tracks on the insulator of the plugs. If any tracking is present, replace all the plugs and boots. See TSB 14-0180 for more information. 4
  3. My wife's 2018 platinum expedition (gen 2 3.5) has had cam phasers done under warranty, a bad wheel hub and turbo waste gate rattle at start up that is embarrassingly loud but ford claims it's normal.. Other than that it's a great suv, powerful, rides well, nice interior and tech. We get 18-20 mpg on average
  4. 3.5 Liter EcoBoost Issues Home › Forums › Stay Dirty Lounge › Common Problems/Pattern Failures › 3.5 Liter EcoBoost Issues This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Bill 6 years, 6 months ago
  5. The new second generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost gets a dual-direct and port fuel-injection system, meaning there's an injector in the cylinder and one just on the other side of the intake valve in the intake port. Ford says this allows for better power, efficiency, emissions and cold-start capability
  6. Ford F150, Raptor and Tremor Ecoboost Ford F150 3.5L and 2.7L Ecoboost Truck discussion. General and Technical, including DIY's, How-to's, Questions, Answers, News Articles and Ride of the Month

:chug: It's time for beers cause my 3.5 that has been knocking or tapping for 40k miles now has been officially fixed under warranty! History-We bought this 2008 Sienna 3.5 'certified' vehicle with 42k miles. Fairly soon after I noticed that after startup and putting the van into any gear, the rpms would drop and it would start tapping. Video. While the Ram with a Hemi has 20 more horsepower and is a few thousand dollars cheaper, it also has 60 fewer ft-lbs of torque and is a little less fuel-efficient than the F-150 with a 3.5 liter Ecoboost. In this case, the engines have pretty similar stats and your choice will come down to other factors like safety features, overall reliability. EcoBoost F-150 Reliability & Longevity Both the 2.7L and 3.5L EcoBoost F-150 engine were built to last just like all of Ford's products. While there is no definitive amount of mileage for how long an EcoBoost engine can or will last, especially a modded one, there has been growing information on how current ones are doing based on. The first generation F150 EcoBoost came equipped with twin-turbos from the factory, supplied from Borg-Warner. It was equipped with Ti-VCT (Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing), 365 horsepower at 5,000 RPM and 420 LB/FT of Torque at 2,500 RPM. The EcoBoost delivered on the promise of greater power and effciency 2nd gen 3.5L EcoBoost V6 is an all-new engine for *all* F-150 models. Port and direct injection. Raptor has the high output version. — Mike Levine (@mrlevine) February 26, 2016

Feb 28, 2009. Ford 's new EcoBoost 3.5L twin-turbo V-6 is promised by the brand to be one of its best powertrains yet thanks to the battery of testing it endured during development. If you haven't. PUTC was present for the teardown and inspection of a torture tested 3.5-liter EcoBoost twin turbo V-6 engine used in the latest F-150 at the 2011 North American International Auto Show in Detroit Ward's. [UPDATE] Ford's been making a huge deal out of the turbocharged Ecoboost engine in its new F-150. And its been making an especially huge deal out of the EPA-verified 26 miles per gallon. In 2019, according to TFL truck tuners have been able to push 540 wheel horsepower, 550lbft wheel torque out of a 2018 2.7 Ecoboost with just a new turbo, intake, exhaust, tune and e30 fuel. And remember, the 2nd gen 2.7 Ecoboost has only been out for a year, replacing the old 2.7 in the 2019 model year

Ford officially unveiled the second generation of the 3.5L EcoBoost turbocharged V6 engine on May 3rd, 2016. It will power the 2017 Ford F-150 that will go on sale later in 2016 For a truck that specializes in performance, the engine raises an eyebrow. A V8 seems like a given for this truck, yet as the YouTube channel Town and Country TV notes, the Raptor instead carries a measly EcoBoost V6.It's almost offensive to release a truck like this without a V8, which would match the truck's aesthetic with an equally attention-grabbing roar The problem with engines that leave the factory naturally aspirated is that adding boost requires an external air compressor such as a supercharger or turbocharger. Bolting on either method of forced induction can cost several thousand dollars. Fortunately for the consumer, 2.7L and 3.5L EcoBoost engines come standard with twin-turbos Well, that is if you include the all-new, second-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 that debuted for the 2017 model year and carries over into 2018. Starting at the bottom, the old 3.5-liter V-6 is.

Chances are that 2.7L Ecoboost with the 10 speed automatic will easily outgrunt the old Chevy. The 10 speed has a 4.69 : 1 1st gear, with a 3.73 rear end you get about 17.5 gear reduction which is about half of what the Chevy's was. But put the F-150 in 4-lo which yields a further 2.64 :1 reduction and you're there Today's Raptor, the second-generation model, is powered by Ford's high-output 450-hp (510 lb-ft of torque!) twin-turbo 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 and 10R 10-speed automatic transmission The second generation of 'Nano' Ecoboost debuted in 2018 and has a series of changes from the 3.5-liter Ecoboost attached to the F-150 Raptor. When the normal F-150 is installed, the dual-turbo V6 produces a maximum power of 242kW at 5000rpm, while 542Nm of torque is delivered at just 2750rpm Currently, 10 percent of Ford F-150s are equipped with the naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V-6, 33 percent with the 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6, 32 percent with the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 and about 25.